Thursday, April 3, 2014

New Orleans

After Mobile we were very close to New Orleans and (lucky me) I have a friend there. This is no ordinary friend. After meeting during a four day rock climbing trip in 2010 we kept in touch by e-mail. I invited her to Duluth - and she booked a ticket like two weeks later. What followed was maybe the most fun filled Duluth weekend ever to be had. And that was it. 
So now here we were, nearing her home in the French Quarter about to repay the visit. Our ten day stay was not nearly long enough and I can not wait to go back! Here are my ten favorite things about New Orleans, in this particular order:
1) Zac and Courtney
2) Their apartment in general + the location
3) The music scene
4) The Food (1 - Muffuletta's from Central Grocery on Decatur. 2 - Beignet's. 3 - Cafe Envie's Breakfast.)
5) Biking and walking EVERYWHERE!
6) Free Swing dancing lessons with a live brass band
7) The three story World War II museum
8) The walking ghost tour
9) The Hurricane Katrina Museum
10) The above ground cemetery's

Welcome to their private courtyard in the French Quarter! 

Jon heading up their entry. (I just like this pic :)

The living room. I'm standing on the stairs that head up to the master bedroom

Their balcony over Decatur St

Sunday morning on Bourbon St.

Most. Incredible. Music Scene. 

I must have taken a million pics walking around because every street looked like this.

Lovely art scene as well

Zac and Courtney

A little sight seeing at night

During the walking ghost tour

Sunrise over the Mississippi
On our way out of town we visited Oak Alley Plantation.

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog! Great job and how exciting! I'm a fan!

    ReplyDelete